(photo taken by my sister in Italy, summer of 2012)
I Love Warm Lemon Water!
For a few months now, I have been starting my morning with a nice, tall glass of warm water with lemon. Sometimes, I’ll even have two! I’ve seen people doing this all over Instagram, and decided, hey, what the heck. I always chug a bunch of water upon rising anyways, might as well give this a try. Now, I’ve been adding many other healthy habits into my daily regime as well, but recently my skin, eyes, hair have been GLOWING and SHINY. My body seems to have flushed out all kinds of bad things, and it keeps flushing things out (if you know what I mean) at a regular pace. I mean, my digestion has been AWESOME! My tummy feels wonderful all day. Here are just a few more benefits of the delicious warm lemon water trick that so many people are doing!
– Boots your immune system!
– Wakes up your digestion naturally and slowly in the morning.
– Balances pH (Lemons are acid fruits, yes, but once in the body, it becomes alkaline!)
– Helps weight/fat loss (the more alkaline your body is, the easier it is to lose, and keep it off!)
-You feel so clean after drinking that you’re bound to make healthier decisions all day long 🙂
– Aids digestion (stimulates your digestive tract)
– Gentle diuretic (Lemons help increase rate of urination, flushing out toxins)
– Clears skin of wrinkles and blemishes
– Hydrates the lymph system
– Brightens your morning!
I challenge you to try this for awhile, and pay attention to how much better you feel. It may be a slight change in feeling, a little shift, but it’s there. Soon, like anything else you practice for any length of time, it will become a habit, and you will be healthier for it.
To make: 1 cup of warm (not hot) water, with the juice of half a lemon. Sip and enjoy!
Peace, love and lemons,