HELLOOOOOOOOO HIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! OH MY GOSH, wow, it has been SO long since I’ve last updated my blog. I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who follows me here, and Instagram, Facebook & Twitter. I absolutely am SO thankful for all of you and I LOVE YOU! I want you to know that YOU inspire ME every single day, YOU keep ME accountable and YOU make ME want to be a better person and a more genuine ME every single day! I hope I can do the same for you.
Needless to say, I’ve been brewing up some awesome ideas for this blog, and I’m SO excited to start updating regularly again! YAY! 😀 As always, I’m totally opened for suggestions, so should you have anything you want me to write about, or if you have any questions, please send me an email, I’d love to help! My address is email@example.com, don’t be shy 🙂
Today, I’m going to keep it simple. I’ve made quite some delicious recipes in the last few days and I am dying to share them with you! First, let’s start off with breakfast. I get inspired daily by all the amazing Instagram accounts I follow. I am constantly taking screen caps of recipes, motivational quotes, beautiful places, inspirational people and delicious food. I have over 500+ photos saved from Instagram alone! I’ve seen soooooo many people post about “protein pancakes” and I have literally never tried them until yesterday. I am completely SOLD. I NOW UNDERSTAND the obsession with these things. They are DELICIOUS beyond belief, you can modify the recipe a billion ways to get a gazillion different flavours, and they’re easy peasy to make. And they keep you FULL and are PACKED with nutrition. I am so happy to have found this super easy recipe to follow from @vegan_gurl’s IG page – go check her out!
EASY VEGAN PROTEIN PANCAKES
Makes 8 small pancakes (or 4 medium)
720 calories in a whole batch
– 1 scoop protein powder (I love vegan chocolate Shakeology or chocolate Vega sports performance protein, but any flavor will do)
– 1 cup oats (any kind will do)
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any type of non-dairy milk)
– 1 ripe banana
* you can add ANYTHING else you want to this basic mix – berries, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, carob powder, vanilla, cinnamon… the options are endless!*
1. Add all the ingredients into a blender and BLEND until smooth.
2. Oil a pan lightly (I use either pure coconut oil or Earth Balance coconut oil spread) and allow to heat up a bit.
3. Pour the batter and cook the pancakes on one side. When they start to get dark around the edges, flip them over with a spatula and keep cooking until they’re a little springy in the middle but not mushy. Do not overcook!
4. Serve WARM! Top with ANYTHING that tickles your fancy. I smothered mine in raw almond butter, warm raspberry and rhubarb compote (I just heated them up in a pan for a few minutes), and maple syrup. GO NUTS! 😀
Chopped bell pepper, cucumber and green onion with some balsamic vinaigrette (I used the vegan version from Earth Island).
A crisp, juicy chopped apple, drizzled with a little bit of raw almond butter.
Fresh alfalfa sprouts on the top, and adorn with a few slices of creamy avocado.
A squeeze of lemon and a dash of nutritional yeast.
TAKE A PHOTO and then proceed to mix and DEVOUR!
– sweet potato
– raw almond butter (or any nut butter)
– raw cacao powder
– raw cacao nibs
– coconut oil (optional)
– maple syrup (optional)
1. Place sweet potato on baking sheet on a baking dish. Poke holes in the potato (quite a few). Place in a preheated oven (at approx 325F) for about 40 minutes or until you can poke with a fork and it goes in clean.
2. Slice open the potato and SMOTHER in raw almond butter, some coconut oil, sprinkle on the cinnamon & raw cacao, and drizzle in maple syrup.
3. Proceed to devour.
*I like to bake a few potatoes at a time so I have leftovers for the week*
I hope you give these recipes a try. Let me know if you do and how you like them! Looking forward to writing a LOT more 🙂 Until next time, HAPPY CANADA DAY and HAPPY FIRST OF JULY!!!!!!! Be good, do good, write down your goals, SMILE and know you can do ANYTHING! 😀
Peace, love and almond butter,